We manage our wastewater through a ponding system  that consists of a combination of anaerobic and aerobic  processes. 80% of our treated effluent is released into natural  water systems with a Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) of  less than 100 parts per million (ppm). The remaining 20% is  reused in our bio-organic fertiliser plant process.

All wastewater in the living areas within our estates are firstly  trapped by using either grease traps or sumps, after which  the water is released into the estate lands or nearby rivers.

Water sampling is conducted monthly at our mills.  This sampling is conducted at the final discharge point.  An annual water sampling is also conducted within the  estates at specific entry and exit points located at the end  of the estates’ river boundaries. There are no protected or  biodiversity rich areas adjacent to where our wastewater or  effluent are released.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post a comment.